About Cape Spirit®
Note on our Car Hire Booking Service:
Dear Cape Spirit Car Hire Customer.
Please note that our car hire booking service is closed as of the 18 March 2013. We will no longer accommodate any new car hire bookings or quotations from our website or call centre. All existing car hire bookings will be honored and you can contact us at any time for Support on your existing car hire bookings (all car hire bookings made before the 18th of March 2013).
We will unfortunately not be able to assist with any new car hire bookings or quotations from the 18th of March 2013.
Many thanks for your great Support over the years - this is much appreciated!
Ian Gouws, Cape Spirit
Cape Spirit Memberships and Regulators:
Cape Spirit is a proud Member of the Southern Africa Tourism Services Association (SATSA) and also bonded by SATSA (www.satsa.co.za)
The Southern Africa Tourism Services Association (SATSA) is the member driven association representing the private sector of the incoming tourism industry in Southern Africa. SATSA is a non-profit association, dedicated to providing and maintaining the highest possible standards in the tourism industry within South Africa.
Not only is SATSA of benefit to businesses within the industry, in successfully aligning with an association of such a high calibre, it is also extremely useful to tourists wishing to experience tourism at its best. By doing business with a SATSA accredited member, people are able to achieve peace of mind and a guarantee that they are receiving the best possible services within the tourism industry
SATSA’s aim is to set the highest possible standards for tourism in South Africa supplying a measure of accreditation that each member needs to comply with in order to bear the SATSA logo. The logo is a symbol of credibility, stability and integrity that ultimately provides both tourists and the trade with peace of mind when it comes to dealing with tourist related businesses.
An organisation of this kind is vital in maintaining and promoting the thriving and vibrant tourism industry in such a beautiful country, where opportunities for growth are as endless as the magnificent South African horizon.
SATSA has a daily impact on all aspects of tourism in South Africa, from the tourist industry to the tourist. Not only does it set the standards for a world class tourism industry in this country, it serves as powerful information and networking tool for all those involved in making tourism in Southern Africa as credible as possible in the international market.
Cape Spirit is a proud Member of the Africa Travel Association (ATA - USA based) - the leader in Africa Travel and Tourism (www.africatravelassociation.org)
The Africa Travel Association™(ATA) is the premier global travel industry trade association promoting travel, tourism and transport to Africa and intra-Africa travel and partnership since 1975. While ATA is a global association, it is registered as a 501(c)6 non-profit trade association in the United States, with headquarters in New York.
ATA provides services to a global membership, including tourism, sports, recreation, and art & culture ministers, tourism boards, airlines, hoteliers, travel agents, tour operators, travel trade media, public relations firms, consulting companies, non-profit organizations, businesses, small and medium-sized enterprises, and other companies, organizations and individuals actively engaged in travel to the African continent.
Objectives of ATA
- Raise awareness of Africa’s rich and diverse tourism opportunities and products.
- Cooperate with public and private organizations interested in travel and tourism to Africa.
- Present opportunities for ATA members to brand, market and showcase their products and services.
- Collect, compile and disseminate information related to travel, tourism and transport to Africa.
- Establish a code of ethical standards and trade practices for ATA members.
- Represent the collective voices of ATA members and advocate for Africa as a travel destination.
- Build public-private partnerships devoted to promoting positive news on Africa
- Advocate for Africa as a leading travel destination in various international, regional and local frameworks.
- Achieve 100% membership of Africa’s tourism ministries.
- Strengthen African Diaspora relations in order to promote tourism to Africa.
- Provide travel specialists with a knowledge base of travel and tourism opportunities to Africa.
- Offer ATA members a variety of continuing education, training and learning opportunities.
Cape Spirit is a proud Member of the American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA - USA Based), the world's largest association of travel professionals.ASTA (American Society of Travel Agents) is the world's largest association of travel professionals. The mission of ASTA and its affiliated organizations is to facilitate the business of selling travel through effective representation, shared knowledge and the enhancement of professionalism. ASTA seeks a retail travel marketplace that is profitable, growing and a rewarding place to work, invest and do business. Founded in 1931 as the American Steamship and Tourist Agents' Association, ASTA and its affiliates now comprise the world's largest and most influential travel trade association with members in 140 countries.
Cape Spirit is a proud Member of Cape Town Tourism (www.capetown.travel)Cape Town Tourism is the City of Cape Town’s Official Regional Tourism Organisation, responsible for destination marketing, visitor and industry services.
Cape Town Tourism is guided by the clear vision of positioning Cape Town as one of the world’s top 10 tourism destinations in terms of economic yield, and developing tourism’s role in:
- Establishing Cape Town as one of the world’s greatest cities to visit, live, work and invest in.
- Driving economic and social transformation.